Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Future Musicians

Music is such an important part of life for so many reasons. It's a wonderful way for me to express myself, I love playing the clarinet, and just getting lost in the music. Matt and I met while playing the SCSU Wind Ensemble, and I believe that it is a love for music that brought us together. We already have had conversations about what instruments Austin and Kaylie may play when they are ready (for the record, I vote for french horn and oboe respectively, don't listen to Matt!). Now that they are older and can sit through a concert, it is a lot of fun to take them to Matt's concerts. He plays trombone with the North Suburban Community Band, and he is really enjoying the experience. They recently performed a pops concert, and the kids and I enjoyed spending the time listening to the music together. Austin especially loved the jazz band, who knows, maybe he will play trombone someday?

No comments:

Post a Comment