I would like to think that I have more influence over my daughter than anyone else, but apparently I am quite wrong. Most days, when we get home in the afternoon, Austin likes to have a little "quiet time" and read before he starts on his homework. Today his choice of literature was the instruction manual from one of his Lego Star Wars video games (I have no idea why he chose to read this, but he thinks it makes him better at the game). So Kaylie went and got her own Lego Star Wars instruction manual and started reading. Suddenly, she comes over to me and says "Mommy, that's Anakin Skywalker and that's Yoda", then walks back over to couch and continues her "reading". I am left thinking why does my two year old know who Anakin Skywalker and Yoda are? That's right....her big brother. Austin is a great influence on his little sister, especially when it comes to reading (since he reads all the time), but I think it's hilarious that Kaylie knows all these Star Wars characters. Does she know who the Disney princesses are...of course not.
At dinner, I thought if Kaylie saw me eating broccoli that she would do it too, no such luck.
Good Job on the Blog Shelly! Cutie pie photos to go with it!!
ReplyDelete