Yesterday afternoon, I sat in the pew of a church and watched my adorable daughter walk down the aisle in a white dress, her equally adorable cousin, Nathan, at her side (in a tuxedo). Behind Kaylie and Nathan, my sister-in-law, Mindy (Matt's third oldest sister), was beside the beautiful bride, her oldest daughter, Cassie. Suddenly, my mind flashed forward to a similar scene, twenty something (or so) years from now. The flower girl and ringbearer I couldn't place, but the bride and the woman beside her were unmistakeable. Instead of Cassie, it was Kaylie, instead of Mindy, me. Now, I know the days and years between now and then are many, but they will fly by, a whirlwind of school, homework, sports, vacations, holidays.....life. Someday, my cute, fun-loving, pigtailed toddler is going to be a beautiful young woman, standing in a church in a gown, waiting for me to walk her down the aisle......to give her away. When that time comes, I know she'll be ready, but will I? Will I be ready to give my daughter away? The thought only reminds me how fast time flies, how I need to cherish every day. Someday, my children will grow up.....
"While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about".
~Angela Schwindt
~Angela Schwindt
"Children are not yours, they are only lent to you for a time. In those fleeting years, do your best to help them grow up to be good people". ~Anonymous
A HUGE congratulations to our beautiful niece, Cassie, and our new "nephew", Ryan! We love you both and wish you all the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment